Headline: Richard Luis is an emerging R&B/Pop artist from Long Beach with it all: smooth vocals, introspective lyrics, authentic stage presence, and a dedicated fanbase. His unique genre take, production skills, and soulful voice are noteworthy.
Location: Long Beach, California
Genre: R&B/Soul, Hip-Hop, Pop
FFO: The Weeknd, Miguel, Drake, Justin Bieber
SITES & SOCIALS
Richard Luis is an up-and-coming alternative R&B/Pop musician based out of Long Beach, California. As an emerging artist, he’s already begun creating a dedicated fanbase with his smooth vocals, introspective lyrics, and authentic stage presence. With his unique take on the genre, impeccable ear for production, and soulful voice, Richard Luis is the new act to watch for.
Luis has encountered a kaleidoscope of moments that share as much pain as they do love. Through his work, he is constantly searching for new ways to capture and express the beauty of these memories.
Able to speak to shared experiences and transform them into soundscapes that bring listeners on a journey through the moments that define our lives, Richard, like many of us, approaches music the same way he approaches life: in pursuit of happiness. His music is a reflection of that endeavor, exploring the complexities of love, desire, and human connection.
Born in East Los Angeles and raised in towns outside of the city as a kid, Richard was exposed to a wide range of musical influences from a young age, including R&B, Hip-Hop, and Pop. These influences are reflected in his music, which blends elements of notable names as diverse as they are influential, with the likes of Usher, Michael Jackson, and The Weeknd all informing his musical acumen.
Richard began writing and recording music in 2018, honing his craft and developing his own style over the years. He released his first single, titled “Friends,” in 2020. That release, along with the slew of singles (including “Toxic” and “Summer Nights) that followed in 2021, helped Richard build a fervent following and marked him as a force to be reckoned with in the alternative R&B scene.
Looking to the future, Richard shows no signs of slowing down, with plans to release new music and perform extensively in the coming months. With his talent, work ethic, and dedication to his craft, there is no doubt that Richard Luis is poised to become one of the biggest names in alternative R&B and pop music in the years to come.
Ultimately, Richard Luis is an artist who is deeply committed to his craft. With his sultry voice and his rare perspective on life, he has the power to capture the hearts and minds of audiences around the world. If you’re looking for an artist who understands the complexities of the human experience and has the talent to express them in new and exciting ways, look no further than Richard Luis.
PRESS & CREDITS
- Jun 18, 2022: Westside AllStarz Podcast (Podcast, Interview)
- Mar 18, 2020: http://voyagela.com/interview/meet-richard-ragudo-richard-luis-south-east-los-angeles
Recording & Studio Credits:
- Recording, Producing, Mastering, Directing, Writing, etc. credits:
- Studio/Label/Publishing House/Distributor:
- RedRoom Studios in Hawthorne, California
- Lil Boom Room Studios, Santa Ana, CA: Owned & operated by Lalo (sound engineer).
- Credits: Summer In Long Beach by Richard Luis
- Be Alone by Richard Luis
- All On Me (feat. JayR) by Richard Luis
- Sexy In September – an album by Richard Luis
- Victoria Gutierrez (photos) – URL
- Ross Deater (photos) – URL
- Socially Drained Apparel (attire): Owned & operated by Eduardo Leon and Efrain Martinez
- May 13, 2023 – Summer In Long Beach (feat. Moschino Jones) (Single)
- Mar 29, 2023 – Ride It (Single)
- Nov 19, 2021 – Chelas & Swap Meets (Ft. Vossy) (Single)
- Sep 17, 2021 – Summer Nights (feat. Vossy) (Single)
- Aug 05, 2021 – Toxic (feat. Benni Fronto) (Single)
With his unique take on the genre, impeccable ear for production, soulful voice, and a string of singles under his belt, Richard Luis is ready to reach the next level with his red-hot release “Ride It.” From the start, the listener is enveloped in the pulsing, mid-tempo lurch of bass beats, like sinking deeply into a lover’s embrace on an immense leather couch bathed in weed haze. The track firmly earns the comparisons Richard receives to the likes of Usher and The Weeknd: it woos and grinds, with lush, atmospheric melodies that soar to club rafters. The lyrics are unabashedly erotic, and the cloying sweetness of the vocals plays off the bump and grind of the percussive production. The single is a hyper-sensual, alternative fusion of hip-hop, EDM and R&B that begs for release even as it stirs its audience into a moaning, euphoric ecstasy.